The 93 Artist’s Studios at Medici University are grouped into 6 neighborhoods: Aurelia, Camilla, Maria, Nostradamus, Tullia, and Vashti.
What’s in a Neighborhood?
It’s remarkable how each neighborhood seems to take on it’s own personality. The quirkiness of Aurelia; the populism of Camilla; the Instutionalism of Nostradamus; the reluctance to ever actually move in of Tullia, and the remote, wilderness quality of Vashti.
Among these many MU neighborhoods stands one that is truly unique. A special place. Not for everyone. But for those with the courage and vision, a neighborhood that will let you soar to the highest heights, and dive to the deepest depths. No other MU neighborhood traverses such contrasts from mountains to sea; no other MU neighborhood straddles the Eleonora Gorge with its tiny studio outposts facing straight into the eye of the sublime: Maria.
You Are a Star!
The roster of Maria residents is like a who’s who of individuals of creativity and conviction. Sure, if you’re here to party, you might have a fun time in Camilla or Nostradamus, but for those who aren’t afraid to face whatever this virtual life might hold in store for them, there is no experience like the Maria experience:
- 1 – Broke Brain Clinic Scarlett-Luv Star, therapist
- 2 – Ysidora Pico, Oral History
- 3 – Zshopha Innovia, Interdisciplinary Art
- 4 – Neeva Torok, Public Art
- 5 – MU Avatar Fertility & Surrogacy Clinic
- 6 – Bacon Barista (coffee shop) Scarlett-Luv Star, proprietor
- 7 – Vanessa Blaylock, Public Art
- 8 – Roxy, Photography
- 9 – Asylum in Your Embassy (revolutionary fashion) Nadya Tolokonnikova, proprietor
- 10 – Nebulosus Severine, Intermedia
- 11 – Bridge Brewing Co.
- 12 – MU/Creativity magazine, Art Oluja, editor
- 13 – MU Avatar Fertility & Surrogacy Clinic
- 14 – Isabella Medici, Provost
- 15 – Xue Faith, Haiku Speedbuild
- 16 – Amber Grantham, Interdisciplinary Art
- 17 – Glad Kidd, Creative Writing
Poor Everybody Else
On this page I’ve shared just a few of the many Maria music videos out there. I actually did look for Aurelia, Camilla, Nostradamus, Tulla, and Vashti songs, but gosh! I couldn’t find any. Perhaps it’s unfair to expect those other neighborhoods to inspire so many people to sing and shout. Not everyone can live in Maria!
This last video below is really sweet: a bunch of kids from some remote, country college called Harvard. Poor things are so poor they can’t even afford instruments! Yet even in their poverty they still dream. They dream of one day being able to attend Medici University. They dream of one day living in a place called Maria.
O, to dream!